Neuropsychological Evaluations & Assessments
If you’re looking for answers and support, our clinical psychologists are here to help you navigate your next steps.
Expert, Comprehensive Testing in Long Island
Let’s help you find the right diagnosis, the right treatment, and the best way to move forward.
NYBH conducts comprehensive evaluations and assessments designed to empower clients by providing them with profound insights into their strengths and weaknesses. These assessments cover a spectrum of concerns, including ADHD, autism, learning disorders, twice exceptionality, mood disorders, and more.
Our clinical psychologists work closely with the client and those who know them best to get a true understanding of all the various facets of their life – looking at both the individual and environmental traits that frequently mesh together to create a challenging situation.
The typical evaluation process consists of the following:
- Initial intake interview to gather background information and determine what battery of assessments will be conducted to address the presenting problem.
- Two days of in-person testing assessing the following abilities:
- General intellect
- Higher level executive skills (e.g., sequencing, reasoning, problem solving)
- Attention and concentration
- Learning and memory
- Visual–spatial skills (e.g., perception)
- Motor and sensory skills
- Mood and personality
- Collateral interviews with teachers and/or parents to gain further insight into the client’s everyday functioning.
- Comprehensive report outlining all findings and providing a thorough list of recommendations for next steps.
- Feedback session to review the report and answer lingering questions.
With all of the information provided during the initial interview, collateral calls, and testing days, our clinicians are able to present their findings in clear and simple terms, while providing their clients with a thorough list of recommendations for next steps.
Our psychologists have combined decades of experience and are specially trained to provide high quality, compassionate support for your health and wellbeing.
We’re dedicated to using evidence-based methods to ensure you receive the most effective treatment and meet your goals.
Here to support you
We know that having a better relationship with your psychologist leads to better outcomes, so we carefully match you with the right therapist to fit your unique needs.
It’s important to our therapists that you feel safe, seen, and understood in therapy. Our offices are judgment-free spaces.
Getting Started is Simple.
Please fill out our inquiry form and we will be in touch to help navigate the next steps.