Building trust and connection
Therapy Groups in New York
Our therapy groups have been developed by our expert, trusted therapists to help you build the tools you need to live the life you want to lead.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
A DBT Skills Therapy Group
Our Group Therapy Process:
- During this first session, you’ll meet with an intake therapist for your initial consultation.
- This step allows for important background to be gathered and ensures that the group will be cohesive. It is typically 45 minutes long.
Session Two & After:
- During each group meeting, your group therapist will go over the agenda for that session and then check in with group members.
- We will then review homework from the previous week.
- Afterward, we’ll cover coping skills relevant to group members’ needs for the week.
- We’ll end each session with a brief review of the meeting’s discussion and collaboratively decide what we’d like to work on for the following week.